The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) boasts one of the largest and most ambitious Information Technology (IT) organizations in the world - the Modernization and Information Technology Services (MITS) Division. Our IT modernization program is one of the federal government's most complex initiatives. We develop mission-critical IRS information systems that support our nation's tax administration system and reduce the administrative burdens on American taxpayers for generations to come. We are proud of our public service to the United States.
IT offers both entry-level and mid-career IT professional positions, and a wide range of GS-grade/pay levels, depending on your education and experience. Supervisory positions are also available in many occupations.
Earn while you learn. We offer outstanding training and a wealth of opportunities for growth and advancement on top of our exceptional benefits and pay. Put your IT skills and experience to work from Day One in a challenging occupation.
Information Technology Resources | IRS Videos
- IRS Positions Information Technology Specialist (Enterprise Architecture Section)
- IRS Positions Information Technology Specialist (Systems Analyst Programming)
- IRS Positions Information Technology Operations Research Analyst (Operations Research Analyst)
- IRS Positions Information Technology Project Manager (IT Project Manager)
- Hiring Paths Information Technology (IT) Management Series 2210 (Alternative A)
- Job Family Standard Administrative Work in the Information Technology Group, GS-2200