There Are Many Reasons to Join Us
IRS Chief Counsel is a great choice for your future, whether you are just starting out or building on your proven success. Consider:
- The ability to become involved in litigation and key casework very early in your career in field offices all around the country — even for those joining us directly from law school
- Unparalleled legal experience in our nation’s capital, often involving projects resulting in fundamental changes to tax law through regulations, rulings, and legislation
- Exposure to cross agency issues: working with the Department of Treasury, the IRS, the Department of Justice, and others involving sensitive tax matters
- Meaningful public service
- The capacity to develop your expertise and sharpen technical skills with the agency at the center of cutting-edge tax issues
- The opportunity to directly influence the lives of Americans by assisting the IRS in determining and collecting the correct amount of tax
- A culture that fosters the highest ethical standards
- Excellent Federal benefits including a retirement plan
- State-of-the-art technologies and world-class research/library resources
- Ongoing education, mentoring, skill development, and advancement opportunities
Review our interim reasonable accommodations procedures and access the request form here.
Review our Affirmative Action Plan here.