We believe in the abilities of all of our professionals
We believe in the abilities of all of our professionals and, we're committed to hiring qualified individuals at all levels of our organization. Our goal at the IRS, as an employer of people with disabilities, is to be a model within the Federal Government and for companies in the private sector.
The IRS is not just about accounting. You can work with us in a variety of ways — in a field office, independently, reviewing tax audits and more. You can enjoy a flexible work schedule in many IRS jobs. No matter what position you hold here, whether full-time, part-time or seasonal, you work on behalf of the nation, helping to fund its economy.
Working at IRS also provides solid job security, a defined 40-hour work week and opportunities for you to make an immediate impact. You’ll also receive exceptional federal benefits, from competitive pay and comprehensive healthcare to a retirement fund and flexible spending accounts. Plus, you can take advantage of education opportunities that can help keep your career moving forward.
- Schedule A Hiring Authority and the Application Process — Learn about the Special Appointing Authority which can help you apply for an IRS career.
- Reasonable Accommodation — Learn about the IRS policy on the reasonable accommodation of your special needs.
- Affinity Groups — Discover ways to interact with individuals who share your interests.
- Employee Profiles – Meet some of our most interesting and dedicated employees: Darrell, Kent and Maria.
- Sources of Interest — Locate an organization or network that can assist you in your career.